Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Oh yeah, and another thing, and while I am on the subject...

Well, I got that Hollywood junk off my chest and I feel a little better, they were driving me nuts. It's been a weird week at work finishing up our project and my friend brought something to my attention on Monday while we were working the federal holiday. He looked down to me, shook his finger and said "and another thing... How come we pay federal workers for a day off and we have to work?" 


Dang, that's a really good question. You know, with as many taxes as we pay for these guys to work in government, why do we (the working class), get stuck working on federal holidays while they get the day off? Here's what I propose:

1. Our excess tax money should be funneled back to us. How? Federal holidays should mean that we get the day off at the government's expense. The FEDS should be giving US a holiday.

2. Do they really need that many days to begin with? There's like 650 of them. What happens on those days besides the banks screwing us by not allowing us to deposit checks and pushing new comics off until Thursday. Let's cut the number of days.

3. Aren't government workers civil servants? In what way are we being served with their days off? I mean, seriously. I see a lot of my money being wasted here... 

And while I am on the subject, who does these public civil servants serve exactly? Who do they serve at the pleasure of? John Lewis is who is on my mind. A man who had a great civil rights start at the beginning of his career working for equality, but now has become part of the problem. So he was a great civil rights activist......... 40 years ago. So what? Now what I am hearing is you can't speak out against him if you are white? Hogwash. Let me ask... What has he done lately? Isn't Atlanta his congressional district? One of 6 people in Atlanta live in poverty, and they rank 15th in the nation for crime... Not bad, except there are roughly 19,429 cities in the US... Oh snap, 15 doesn't look so good for "Hotlanta" now...  

Hey, did you know that Atlanta is now a major transportation hub when it comes to trafficking young girls from Mexico and is one of the fourteen U.S. cities with the highest levels of sex trafficking of children.

Why do I say all this? Because you can't rest on your laurels. What you did yesterday only counts for yesterday. Every day is a new day, and that means we must work anew to earn or keep the respect and reputation that we have earned in the past. For a man who wants equal standing, he sure doesn't want to extend the same equality to our soon-to-be-president. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Mr. Lewis has missed what it means to be a public servant and what it means to honor the office of president, even if he doesn't like the man. However you feel about the new president, there is an office and to boycott the inauguration shows an ignorance of both what it means to hold an office and how to honor an office. 
Hell, maybe Trump was right. Maybe he (and all the other men and women serving in office) should stop looking out for themselves and realize that they are servants. They SERVE, not rule. Stop playing a victim and play at being adults that are mature! Have we forgotten what that means in this country? Not my president? Pfhtbbbt! He is, unless you are not an American, in which case, shut up and get out of the country.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment